HOt 107.9 radio
704djs live
Saturday, November 29, 2008
T-Pain
As previously reported, T-Pain, who has given Diddy permission to use Auto-Tune, will be receiving half a point on the mogul’s next album.
“I just wanna voice that, this stuff just happened,” Pain said in a youtube clip after Diddy announced he was going to use Auto-Tune on his next album. “I didn’t do it. It’s just Diddy. I just wanna announce that show prices are going up, features…This takes everything to a whole nother level. All the people spreading rumors, saying T-Pain charges $100,000 for a show…I actually do now.”
The clip starts with Diddy claiming to officially have permission to use Auto-Tune. The mogul then reveals his reasoning for awarding Pain with royalties off the album. “He didn’t negotiate with me,” Diddy said, “but as a gracious offer of gratitude, I’m giving him half a point on my album just because …Cause I got extra points too.”
“I know there’s a list of cats that he’s given permission to Ye, Wayne, Chris Brown and now myself,” he continued. ”That’s not pro-rated. That’s off the point off the album just because he let me dabble in the tune. It’s called graciousness, motherfuckas.”
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Lil Wayne Clears Up 2nd Rochester Cancellation

By Ismael AbduSalaam
With criticism mounting after this week’s second aborted Rochester concert, New Orleans superstar Lil Wayne is now striking back against accusations of unprofessionalism.
In an exclusive statement to AllHipHop.com, Wayne publicist Myiah Hughes from AR PR Marketing first illuminated the reason for the concert’s first delay on October 26.
“Lil Wayne has not cancelled the Rochester, New York Blue Cross Arena performance,” Hughes explained to AllHipHop.com. “Failure to provide adequate equipment per a signed agreement, caused the October 26 concert date to be postponed.”
The concert promoter had alleged that Wayne walked out on the concert and fans due to being dissatisfied with the show’s sound system.
According to Hughes, Wayne made every attempt to accommodate the concert’s organizers, even in light of his just announced, 24-city “I Am Music” tour.
“Wayne offered the promoter, Ed Strickland, another date without penalty,” she elaborated. “Due to mandatory tour rehearsal for his upcoming ‘I Am Music’ tour the date had to be postponed again.”
In addition to Wayne’s headlining, nationwide arena tour conflicting with the Rochester show, the rapper also declined to attempt to do the show without T.I., who was booked to co-headline on December 6.
Unfortunately, the Atlanta star also had to pull out after discovering the Rochester concert would conflict with an appearance that same evening on Saturday Night Live.
Currently, Wayne fans that purchased tickets for the October 26 show will have to patiently wait for a third concert date to be announced.
Despite the problems behind the scenes, Hughes was adamant in detailing that Wayne’s first concern is always sharing his music with his fans, and that the much-delayed Rochester, New York show remains a top priority on his busy schedule.
“He never wanted to let down his fans and has already made arrangements to reschedule the performance,” Hughes added. “The Rochester date will take place after his tour.”
Wayne’s anticipated “I Am Music” tour kicks off December 14 in Miami.
Man Convicted Of Murdering T.I.'s Assistant

By Ace Cannon
A jury has convicted the man accused of gunning down rapper T.I.'s assistant last May after a show in Cincinnati. Hosea Thomas, 35, was found guilty on all counts - including murder - today (November 26).
Prosecutors alleged that Thomas was the triggerman in the May 3, 2006 shooting, while his brother Padron drove the Jeep that followed two of the rapper's vans down I-75.
The incident stemmed from an earlier altercation inside of Club Ritz, where Hosea was struck in the head with a bottle.
Hosea Thomas was convicted of firing the shots into T.I.'s van that struck and killed Philant Johnson, who died from a gunshot wound to the left temple.
Three other members of T.I.'s entourage were injured during the exchange, which took place on the interstate.
Hosea Thomas was convicted after a number of people testified he was the shooter, including his own brother Padron, who will receive a lesser sentence for his cooperation.
Thomas faces 20 years to life in prison when he is sentenced December 23.
In related news, T.I. and his Grand Hustle cohorts plan to give back to their Atlanta community through a series of charitable events this Thanksgiving.
Following a press conference, which kicks off at 9:00 am, T.I. and his entourage will help serve food and will also speak encouraging words to the children and parents in attendance.
At 7:00 PM, T.I. will head to Adamsville Recreation Center, where he and members of his Grand Hustle imprint will host a turkey giveaway.
Later, the rapper will head to Turner Field, where he will take part in the Feed The Hungry & Homeless event.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
T.I. & SHAWTY LO BUMP HEADS


T.I. and Shawty Lo may have squashed their feud, but there’s definite tension between the respective crews. Gyantscoop reports that a fight broke out between Grand Hustle and members of Lo’s crew at the Dirty Awards in Atlanta last night (11/25).
Sources say things got heated when Shawty Lo performed ”Don’t I,” a diss version of Grand Hustle artist Young LA’s “Ain’t I” in front of the Grand Hustle crew. The self-proclaimed “Grand Hustle Muscle” Alfamega then lost his cool and threw a chair onto the stage. Yung L.A. and other GH artists then reportedly rushed the stage, but cops quickly intervened.
Moments later, Tip took the stage to accept an award and pleaded for he and Lo to squash their feud during the acceptance speech. Tip’s plea apparently fell on deaf ears. Another altercation took place while Tip and GH performed “Ain’t I.”
Shawty Lo is innocent. As previously reported, members of T.I. and Lo’s crews got into an altercation during Radio One’s Fourth Annual Dirty Awards in Atlanta last night (11/25).
Early reports say the fight started when Lo taunted Grand Hustle with his own version of Yung L.A.’s “Ain’t I.” But to let the Bankhead rapper tell it, he didn’t instigate anything.
“I didn’t go and start nothing. If they rewind the cameras, they’ll see how it started,” Lo told MTV. “I’m a man. I respect every man as a man. If a man disrespects me, what am I supposed to do? T.I. needs to contain his people. We’re not standing down. I performed my music; 107.9 [one of the show's organizers] called me to perform. I didn’t come to start no beef with him. I gave Tip a shout out at the BET [Hip-Hop] Awards.”
Lo actually claims Tips’ camp started the fight. He tells MTV Alfamega and other Grand Hustle artists approached the stage and started ice grilling during his performance.
“Basically, I didn’t start saying anything about Tip,” Lo explained. “I was performing my music. During ‘Foolish,’ all of them was coming in front of the stage doing their mugging. After ‘Dunn, Dunn,’ I performed the dis record ‘Don’t I.’ That’s what made me perform the diss record. I ain’t gonna lie; they was disrespecting me. I wasn’t gonna let them disrespect me.”
Lo fittingly bumped into T.I. when his D4L crew was taken backstage minutes after the melee. The two briefly spoke in a private meeting, in which Tip apparently suggested they end their feud once and for all.
“He told me the beef was over with,” Lo told MTV. “I said, ‘If the beef was let go, me and you have to publicize it. We have to do it together.’ He agreed to do that, and we shook hands in the back room.”
Lo claims Tip then accepted an award on stage before taunting, “if somebody’s got a problem with me, do something better than me.” He then began performing “Ain’t I” with Yung L.A., sparking another altercation between the two crews. Tip wasn’t involved in any of the fights. Lo says he’s still willing to squash the beef, isn’t sure T.I.’s on the same page.
“[Me and Tip's conversation] ended on a positive note with the conversation,” Lo said. “I don’t know where he is [with the beef]. I guess he just be talking. One thing about it, Shawty Lo ain’t no punk. T.I. is just a rapper. He knows how to read a book good. Where I live is for real. I ain’t got nothing against homes. He’s got family, I got family. I’m not trying to kill him, he’s not trying to kill me. I got fans that love me. He’s not not gonna run all over me. I ain’t Lil’ Flip.”
DRE STOP WORKING ON DETOX TO HELP EMINEM

“Eminem was always coming next year,” he revealed. “But what happened was, I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem. Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem’s album. Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything. That’s how we lost Dre.”
Don’t fret, though, as Iovine says we’ve only lost the Good Doc for a few months. “Dre’s going back in in January. He’ll be finished with Eminem by then, and he’ll finish his album.”
While Iovine provided forward progress regarding his marquee artists’ releases, he was still tight-lipped on specific release dates and a title for Em’s fifth solo LP.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
MY HOMIE PASS AWAY 2DAY
Breed was rushed to the hospital in early September for kidney failure. The rapper was on life support for two days before slightly recovering. In late September, he conducted a phone interview with his publicist Jonathan Hay where he talked about his health crisis.
“The doctor told me my kidney was insulted and stopped filtering what I was taking in,” Breed said at the time.
Breed also talked about coming with a new album, boasting his skills were as sharp as ever. Before he passed away, Breed was in the process of inking a deal with Ichiban Records, according to his camp. His rep also tells us Breed’s album was to be called “Mc Breed - The Original Swag” and had lined up features from Too-Short, Erotic D, Ant Banks and others. The D.O.C was also writing records with him.
Old school rapper MC Breed has been taken off life support -- in a good way -- after being admitted to the hospital Friday because of kidney failure.
Breed -- who's worked with 2Pac and Too Short -- collapsed while he was shooting hoops in Atlanta. We're told Breed's kidneys are only 30% functional and it's likely he'll need a kidney transplant.
MC is still in the hospital -- where he's slowly recognizing faces and voices -- and will remain there for at least another week under observation.
In closing i know you ipod kats don't know nuthin about MC BREEED but you young kat need to start doing your hip hop home work on the foundation of hip hop. IN THE WORDS OF MY HOMIE BREED "AIN'T NO FUTRUE IN FRONT"
R I P MC Breed
holla at pac and biggie homie
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
704DJ'S PRESENTS DA O.G.'S OF HIP HOP MIXXXTAPE
704dj's & da mixxxtape squad
IT WILL BE IN IPOD FORMAT ONE MP3 FILE
TRACK LIST:
1. ICE T = ORIGINAL GANGSTA
2. ICE T = 6 IN MORNING
3. KOOL G RAP = ROAD TOO THE RICHES
4.704DJ'S DROP
5. NWA = STRIGHT OUTTA COMPTON
6. ICE CUBE = NIGGA LUV 2 HATE
7. NWA = APPETITE 4 DESTRUCTION
8. D.O.C. = GRAND FINALE
9. ERIC B & RAKIM = KNOW THE LEDGE
10. BIG DADDY KANE = JUICE
11. 704DJ'S DYNAMIC DUO LOOP
12. ICE T = FLY BY
13. 704DJ'S = NEW JACK HUSTLER LOOP
14. KOOL G RAP = WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
15.ERIC B & RAKIM = LYRIC OF FURY
16. BIG DADDY KANE = R A W
17. SCARFACE = BORN KILLER
18. ERIC B & RAKIM = FOLLOW THE LEADER
19. 704DJ'S DANCE TO THA DRUMMER BEAT LOOP
20. ERIC B & RAKIM = LET THE RHYTHM HIT'EM
21. ICE T = DOGGIN DA WAX
22. 704DJ'S = REBEL WITHOUT A PAUSE LOOP
23. 704DJ'S = THE EDGE OF PANIC LOOP
24.SNOOP DOGG = PUMP PUMP
25. RAHEEM = YOUR NOTICES